Sider

onsdag den 20. maj 2015

The Way of Hekate



With the kind help of Sophie Juneau, a translation of my poem
Hekates ansigter – Kerberos --- Danish version below.



The Way of Hekate

The dog licks
With one of its tongues, and my wounds
Heal.
While another cut, with another jaw          
Is freshly torn, voluptuous,                           
Wondering
I see the blood, beautifully
Real like no other
Colour         
Rose petal bites, generously
Spread through my limbs.  

One more step, and the third nose
Is much too close,
Much too –
Animal
Sex                                               
Earth.

His mistress with
One glance, one
Gesture
Willed him here –
Willed my awakening
To animal –
To blood.          

Her second face
Smiles
Caresses my turmoil
Confirms my femininity.

But her third face weeps
From the sharp pain
Of condemning me
To my own reality.

Pernille Vagtholm

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar